Road & Gravel
- RIDGECREST LOOP – One of the nicest road loops in the world! 33.17 miles | 3,721 ft elevation gain | Lakes, mountains, ocean vistas, San Francisco skyline and the Bay, and Golden Gate Bridge views. We strongly recommend riding this in a counter-clockwise direction to avoid the climbs up from Mill Valley on Hwy 1 that has little-to-no safe shoulder.
- Our friends at Studio Velo in Mill Valley, CA are showcasing the incredible, world-class road riding in Marin County in this nice collection of rides on their website: MARIN’S CLASSIC LOOPS Check them out!
- Visiting San Francisco? Renting a bike from Blazing Saddles? Check out their Ride #4, the visit to Marin Museum of Bicycling. It’s all organized for you so you and your friends can have a really fun day complete with a visit to the museum and Fairfax, and ferry boat rides each way across the beautiful San Francisco Bay. You don’t have to have a rental bike from them, but they are a great bunch if you need bikes.
Our friends at the Bay Area Mountain Bike Rides have compiled a nice collection of trail rides. Experience the fun of riding in the amazing Bay Area, where mountain biking was born. Click here for more info.
- Camp Tamarancho. This is THE nicest, legal single-track in Marin. Owned and operated by the Boy Scouts of America, you need a day or an annual pass to enjoy this very fun 7.8 mile loop. Generally for intermediate to advanced riders only— Tamarancho is not a good ride for newbies. Click here for more info.
- China Camp State Park. These trails are for beginners to expert and offer a wide variety of challenging terrains and beautiful vistas. Click here for more info.
Northern California – Northern Sierra Nevada Mountains
Please obey the rules of the road and off-road areas. Always ride in control and respect the environment, your fellow riders, hikers, equestrians and our wild animal friends. Yield the trail to uphill riders.
Be nice, say “Hi”